As the nights get lighter and the days get warmer, our minds are turning to our summer holidays. If you’re planning a trip away, make sure you’ve read these seven important things you need to know before you jet off…
1. Where to go
Obviously, the first step towards booking your summer holiday is deciding where you’ll be jetting off to. So dig out your travel bucket list and choose this year’s must-visit destination – or if you’re stuck for ideas, we’ve picked out some destinations to help you out:
- Top Travel Spots for Traders in 2015 – if you want a change from the obvious, head to one of these holiday destinations that are set to become “the place to be” this summer. From beach escapes and island getaways to adventure holidays and city breaks, there’s something to appease every traveller.
- 7 Places We’d Rather Be Than Our Desks – we all have those places we daydream about escaping to on a particularly hard, drizzly trading day. These are ours…
2. When to go
Once you’ve decided where you’ll be heading off to, the next step is picking out a date.
First of all, check out Things We’re Looking Forward to in 2015 to make sure your potential holiday dates don’t clash with any of this year’s festivals, film releases, sporting events.
Then take a look at our Economic Calendar to ensure you’re not going to be missing out on any key trading days while you’re away. (If you can’t avoid being out of the country on a big trading day or important trading release, keep reading – we’ve got great tips for trading on-the-go coming up!)
3. What to pack
Okay, now that you’ve sorted the where and the when, it’s time to move on to the really important stuff – like what cool gadgets and bits of tech you’re going to take on your travels.
To help you out, we’ve rounded up this year’s Coolest Travel Gadgets for Traders – from wireless smart headphones to miracle jet lag cures, don’t leave home without them.
And what to pack it in? We’re big fans of the AMPL SmartBag, a rucksack that will charge your tech, allow you to access all your gadgets without having to find them in your bag and even send you a notification if you leave it behind. In fact, we’re such big fans that we wrote a Littlefish Loves piece all about it – check it out here.
4. What to wear
Once you’ve got those all-important gadgets packed, it’s time to sort out your holiday wardrobe. As ever, we’ve made it easy for you: our LFX Guide to Spring/Summer 2015 Fashion will show you all the trends you need to know about and how to work them into your holiday wardrobe.
5. What to do
So… you’re all packed and ready to go. But what will you do when you get there? Here’s a few ideas:
- Read your way through the LFX Book Club: if you’re headed for a beach break or you’re going to be spending your days lazing by the pool, you’ll need some reading material. The LFX Book Club has all the best trading reads around.
- Try something new: If you prefer a more active holiday, why not give quad biking, gorge walking or sand boarding a go? Click here to read all about the Top 10 Outdoor Activities to Try.
- Find a new favourite cocktail: And of course, a holiday wouldn’t be a holiday without a few cocktails by the pool. Get your holiday bar order planned in advance with the LFX Guide to Cocktails.
6. How to trade on-the-go
Now, we’d fully recommend taking your holiday to relax completely and not even think about the charts… but we know that you might not be able to do that in reality. If you want to keep on top of the charts even while you’re away, this is what you need:
- The LFX Guide to Mobile Trading Gadgets: From the latest trading apps to tablets powerful enough to check the charts on, this is the complete guide to all the tech you need for trading on-the-go.
- Best Tech and Apps for Traders in 2015: And there are plenty of mobile trading solutions in our top picks of 2015 trader tech, too, including a portable extra screen if you’re used to having multiple screens for trading.
- Top Four Must-Have Forex Indicators: Before you head off, give your trading strategies an overhaul with the top four must-have indicators.
All indicators are included free in our Forex Trading Course – click here to find out more or buy the course.
7. How to keep up-to-date with what’s going on
If you don’t want to lose track completely of what’s going on back home both in trading and away from the charts, sign up to our Fish Feed emails! You’ll get three weekly emails keeping you up-to-date with the most important goings-on in trading and Trader Lifestyle, and you can tailor your emails to exactly what you want to know about. Just click here or use the box below to sign up!
Plus, follow @LFXKatie + @LittlefishFX over on Twitter for the latest #TraderLifestyle updates in real time (and @LFXSam + @LFXJames for all things trading related). Not tweeting? ‘Like’ @LittlefishFX on Facebook instead!
Have a great time wherever you’re heading! (We’re not at all jealous…)