Here we take a look at our fantastic COT Implied Positions Indicator which is available as an add-on to our COT Indicator.
What It Does
- Cross references weekly COT (Commitment of Traders) data from two underlying, to create a proxy COT indicator for your chosen pair, showing the positioning of market participants in those two currencies.
- Displays a neat visual aid on your charts
Best Thing About It
- Totally unique product – only one on the market
- Allows traders to use COT orientated strategies on pairs not featured in the weekly COT data
- Cross references the data so you don’t have to
- Displays current and historical data allowing traders to go back and measure Implied COT readings against price charts to form trading strategies
What Does It Look Like
The Indicator Has Two Key Elements To It
- The green line shows the Non-Commercials (Banks & Institutions) that we look to align our trades with and the blue line shows the Commercials (Corporates, Multi-Nationals) that we want to trade against
- In the chart above we only use green and blue lines for Non-Commercial & Commercial positioning but there is an option in the settings to turn on red lines showing speculators ( leveraged funds & other reportable)
How To Use It
There are numerous strategies we can use based around the COT Indicator and we go into these in great detail within our Forex Trading Course, but we will of course highlight a basic strategy here for you. In the strategy below we use the regular version of COT but this strategy can be employed exactly the same with COT Implied positions indicator.
More Info – Video
— Learn and discover more with our Forex Trading Course. To find out more or purchase the course, click here —
— Use the discount code “LFXCourseCJ” to get £50 off! —