What Is It?
- An Indicator automatically displaying on your chart the Average True Range as a visual boundary around price, with an upper and lower limit
Best Thing About It
- Over a 20 year test the ATR contained price action 80% of the time
- Works on all time frames, with adjustable period settings displaying the average true range for the time frame selected
- Offers powerful swing trading opportunities on higher time frames
- Can overlay higher time frame ATR boundaries on to lower time frame price action for powerful intra-day trading opportunities
- Fantastic tool for use in stop placement and profit targets
What Does It Look Like?
- The orange bands around price are the ATR boundaries. You can see highlighted areas where price tested the ATR boundaries and reversed sharply.
- The regular ATR indicator is included in the sub-chart. As you can see, ATR boundaries is far more effective for trading than using the regular ATR indicator.
Find Out More